Winter Break 2010!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Montréal » LaSalle
May 27th 2010
Published: June 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

MontrealMontrealMontreal

A Whole View
The 30th of December saw the beginning of a fun and memorable journey into what was my first voyage to French Canada. We arrived in Montreal and stayed over a span of about 3 days, 2 nights. We saw, learned and experienced first hand the other side of the Montreal - Toronto dispute. Even though I will be a Torontonian for my whole life and proud of it, Montreal showed me another side of culture.

We arrived and checked into the Holiday Inn in LaSalle. Immediately the 5 hour drive left us famished and in need for the nearest fast food restaurant in Montreal. Ronald McDonald came to the rescue and we all raced in line for a taste of a french Big Mac. To our dissapointment it tasted the same, but that was really no problem. We finished the meal and eagerly waited for the next sign of something to do without getting lost. The high prices of S-Trip came with some benefit as they hosted a private club for people who travelled from all over to come to Montreal and lets just say...I don't remember how it was.

The second night came with a surprise. We woke
HotelHotelHotel

Where We Stayed (Not Exact Picture)
up to a buffet of a breakfast accompanied by Keisha Slowly, a Birchmount graduate last year and sister to one of my roomates. As she attend McGill she knows the ups and downs of Montreal and gave us a tour only a native could show. She took us back to her dorm and we played board games, listened to music and partied out. As we got back to our hotel rooms we patiently waited for the second of S-Trips clubs to start and the countdown to the new year. Everyone had a goodtime but and it seemed like we were all partied out for that weekend.

In the morning, we grabbed our bags, grabbed some breakfast and grabbed our roomates to head back to the bus for another dreaded 5 hour ride in the cold, uncomfortable bus.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb