Aski resort out of season


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Mont Tremblant
September 29th 2013
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 46.1183, -74.6017

Mont Tremblant is a purpose built ski resort just over one and a half hours drive north of Montreal. The whole resort was built from scratch and as my friend Paul would say "if Disney had to create a ski resort this would be it". The architecture is colourful and pretty but uniform throughout the village. There is a little gondola which takes you from the low village to the high village though it is a short walk anyway between the two. The place is full of shops, bars and restaurants and it is all pedestrianised. There is a climbing wall and little sled run for the kids and loads of golf courses to occupy people out of the ski season. We were booked into the Marriott residence in a two bed roomed apartment with lounge and kitchenette. It was much larger than what you would expect to get in a French ski resort. After a stroll through the village we stopped for a light lunch at one of the many bars and then caught the large gondola up to the top of the mountain. The trees were changing into the beautiful colourful colours of Fall which was a bonus we had not expected. Indeed the resort was heaving with Japanese tour groups who come over to this resort every year to see the trees changing colour. The top of the mountain was surprisingly busy with people all strolling round the top of the mountain taking in the beautiful views. The weather was glorious and sunny so we sat and had a drink on the terrace of the mountain restaurant. We could have been in a French ski resort.

Unfortunately we could not get into our preferred restaurant for dinner so took the second choice at Coco Pazzo. The starters were excellent especially the beef carpaccio. The main course of spaghettini with duck confit, which sounded interesting, was in fact disappointing. The late evening was spent by the guys watching American football on the TV in our apartment.

Breakfast in the main dining room of the apartment block was part of the deal but was very basic. Had we been up here skiing for a week it would have been very useful to have the kitchenette. The fridge served a purpose though, it cooled the wine and chocolate we bought in the village!

I had previously had reservations about coming to a ski resort out of season but in fact it was a super place to visit especially with the gorgeous weather and seeing all the autumnal colours of the trees.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



3rd October 2013

Beautiful!

Tot: 0.349s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0794s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb