There's a bear around


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Mont Tremblant
July 20th 2010
Published: July 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The BearThe BearThe Bear

It was a teenager bear, was tall but not fat. It's a nice creature.
That was actually in 2003, on a fishing trip in a place 2 hours North of the city of LaTuque.
Fishing was good. We caught some pikes and walleyes during the week, which we cooked as soon as we caught them. Delicious!
I was there with my wife and a family of friends. One day, i left early to go fishing on the lake, while my friends were staying to relax a bit. At some point, in the cabin, they saw a bear paw through the damaged window screen, trying to grab some apples! They did some noise to chase it away. They went on the lake then, to tell me the story. When i heard the story, i immediately stopped fishing, to go back to the cabin, in the case the bear would be still around. When we arrived at the dock, we saw it close to the cabin. We also did some noise, and when we approached the cabin, we found it chew sandals, swimsuits, camping chairs... but also the plastic pipes of the cabin that were now leaking.
My friends had a young boy so we were concerned for his safety. We went to the main office to explain the situation, and to see if something could be done, to chase it farther away from the cabin. At first, the owner, was not concerned, explaining that a bear is like a dog and likes to chew things...until we told him that the pipes were damaged! Then he sent his son to kill the bear. That was sad but the outfitter is responsible for that part of the land, and it's also a place to hunt bears in ths spring, so we couldn't do a thing.
I took some pictures of the bear, before and after.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Bear close to the cabinBear close to the cabin
Bear close to the cabin

Sorry, i had a camera with no zoom back then


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb