Getting there slowwwwwwly.


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Laval
June 23rd 2010
Published: June 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday Pascal finalized the purchase of our new camper!!! He's going to pick it up in Sebright this Thursday with the truck (having passed inspections with a minor coil problem is now ready to go!). We've visited CAA, made sure our travel insurance is all set, finalized last minute medical appts for the kids (vaccines, check ups, etc...), and everyone has their passport in order. We've also traded in some *ok most* of our Aeroplan miles (80 000 to be exact) for 800$ worth of Shell Gas Cards. We figure that will take us about 2000kms. At least part of the trip we plan to do in the Martimes. Speaking our itinerary, we've trimmed off Newfoundland and will stick to NS and NB and the Atlantic US Coast (the last one there will happen if all goes and keeps going well 😊) The ferry ride (6 hours, at impossible times) would have been too much for the kids at the moment. We'll do it when we can explain what "patience" is, when they get older. Basically when they are like 21 yrs old. LOL. Okay, maybe it would have been too much for the parents. Either way, we'd love to do it but we think just like les Iles de la Madeleine, it is a trip in itself just to go there.

I'll be posting a pic of the truck and the camper soon, by Friday. Can't wait to see those on our pre-trip test in Ottawa. We'll be sleeping the camper to give a local go around test, just to see how we manage.

XXX Renée and the famz.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb