Charlottetown, Point Prim


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Prince Edward Island
September 11th 2016
Published: July 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 46.1957, -63.3318

First order of business today was to visit Charlottetown which we had previously bypassed. The weather prediction was for rain today but it turned out not to be the case. However, like many days here in the Maritimes it is windy.

Province House (the birthplace of Confederation is under renovation) so we unfortunately did not get a chance to go inside. Also, the Confederation exhibit in the Arts Centre was closed on Sundays.

Down the street is St. Dunstan's Basilica. We didn't get a chance to walk around inside the church due to Sunday services.

As we were walking we noticed a quaint entry to what appeared to be a hotel. We went in to look at the lobby. The receptionist was very obliging and told us about the hotel which actually occupies many buildings and has housed many well known guests including Elton John, Reba and David Suzuki. We didn't ask about the rates.

On our way to and from the waterfront we passed several interesting buildings.

Sunday is street market day.

We walked towards Victoria Park and Government House which is the residence of the Lieutenant Governor.

We decided to head out to the Pym Lighthouse which is located on a southerly spit. We enjoyed some excellent food and then headed back to our B & B after a short visit to a tourist store.


Additional photos below
Photos: 54, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.303s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb