On the move again


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario
June 7th 2017
Published: June 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

After three rainy cloudy days we woke up to warm sunny weather. We haven't had too many of these this trip. The good news is that all the locks are now open but it was too miserable a day to lock through yesterday.

There were four of us locking through this morning so it was tight but doable. The current is quite strong at places but the water us nice and deep.

A friend of ours, Rick, was waiting for us at Healy Falls so he got on board and transited the flight locks with us. Unfortunately we snagged a rubber cable with a fender and it ripped off a big section of the rail. The boat behind us was able to recover our fender and rail so Jerry can repair it. The boat looks a little worse for wear but at least no one was hurt except for a few scrapes on the first Mate.

Our time at Hastings was well spent, we were able to move our car down to Trenton. We also got some boat chores and maintenance done. Had a great meal at the Captain's Table, they are famous for their fish and chips. It was superb.

We are at Rainy Falls tonight and should reach the last Lock tomorrow. We will pick up our car somehow and go searching for a place to leave the boat for a year while we go home, then back to Florida. We will resume our journey to Newfoundland next spring.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.258s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb