Yorkdale Shopping Centre


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
September 30th 2016
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Tesla Model X chassisTesla Model X chassisTesla Model X chassis

Here's one for you, Bill. Two engines, no mechanical connection between front and rear wheels!
Geo: 43.7258, -79.4521

Another grey day so we drove to a large mall and enjoyed the variety of stores. Trap for travellers - in Canada the advertised price does not include the extra 13% for GST and Provincial taxes. Plus 15-20% hospitality tipping like in the US. Canadian $ is currently exactly on par with the AUD.

Saw an unusual store for a shopping centre and sat in the new Tesla SUV, called the Model X. Terrific looking and outrageous performance: 0-100 in 3 seconds. It has a touch control screen about A3 sized! Priced from $95k with the top-of-the-line, fully optioned cost a hefty $200k. All for a limited range of 465 km and needing a specialised charging point.

Drove around to the Kensington District just north of the CBD which is full of funky little stores all locally owned - no corporates here. We have seen a wide variety of streetscapes. From soulless, grungy pavements and glass high-rise residential towers, to lovely tree-lined streets with detached houses and duplexes. Typical modern city, really. We've yet to visit the high-end residential areas - we'll track these down.

Tomorrow we drive 2.5 hours north to the Wilkins' cottage (lake house) in Haliburton County.

Advertisement



10th October 2016

So, when does Roby take delivery of her Tesla? 0-100kmh in 3 seconds is about her style ....

Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb