Toronto and Niagara Falls


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
October 6th 2015
Published: October 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After spending an afternoon and night in Calgary, we flew to Toronto for our two day stay, a beautiful city, where 4 - 5 days would be needed to do it justice. On arrival, we toured around the City area, taking in as much as possible before the evening claimed us. Our next day was spent on a tour to Niagara Falls and its nearby area. Niagara Falls didn't disappoint and our included "Hornblower" trip was a wonderful treat. Niagara-on-the-Lake is a beautiful village of rich historical hotels, Georgian homes, and old-styled shops and businesses. Though its population is small, the large number of holiday makers and huge number of coach tours, ensure it is a thriving community. For example, it is renowned for its art galleries, shows and events and the large and extensive Christmas Shop. I could have spent hours there! Our coach tour also took us to a winery for the locally made, and quite unique, iced sweet wine tasting as the day's ending. We thoroughly enjoyed our day out, meeting some lovely tourists from all areas of the globe.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement









Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb