Wednesday 2/5/12


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
May 4th 2012
Published: May 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Got up earlier than needed to and headed off for a walk by myself to Niagara Falls. Walked along the park which is a little above the Falls and then headed down the hill to get closer to the water. Fantastic!Took plenty of photos during the day but when on this walk tried to take a bit of a video for a few seconds to try and capture the noise of the water cascading down...very loud.



Back for breakfast and then the tour group went on the Maid in the Mist which is a boat that goes very close to the falls. We had to wear these very glamorous waterproof capes (didn’t seem to get a pic of this though for some reason…lol). I couldn’t believe how close we got to the Falls. Very wet but that just added to the excitement. Loved it!



Bit of a walk around Niagara township….to be honest …it’s ‘tacky’ and bit ‘overdone’. High rise buildings, casinos, etc….not really my cup of tea..but not what I was looking for either.



Anyway, then headed off to the helicopter. Only a few of us elected to do this but (am running out of descriptors…) what a blast! Really, really enjoyable with breathtaking views and very smooth flight. Would recommend it to anyone and was on a bit of a high afterwards.



Also visited a little township call Niagara on the Lake – which has been nominated the most pretty town in the USA. It was cute. Some of the ladies bought leather jackets at very good prices but I didn’t realise and didn’t have time to go back. (That’s one thing about being on a tour – you are always conscious of the time schedule as you sure as hell don’t wanna be late or miss the coach).



Now in Toronto and doing the CN tower in the morning (that is scarier for me than the helicopter anyday). Apparently had a glass floor section (holy crap). So far, Toronto just seems to be cement and glass high rise buildings. I am interested though in seeing the underground network of shops (underground because of severe inclement weather).



Will post some pics (don't have any pics from when on Maid of the Mist as purchased a disposable camera after warnings about potential damage to the camera from the Fall spray...will have to wait until I get home to have developed)

Cheers.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.1kb