Canada trip


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
September 6th 2010
Published: September 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at windsor and immediately went to a tim hortons "you're not canadian if u havent had one!" 😉 then went from there to getting a pizza for dinner, we then went back to lindas house. on saturday we went to point Pelee, and walked to the most southern point of canada and went back to linda's for dinner and played card games til late. sunday candy went shopping with Jaclyn and linda and sue, me and tony went off to find a nice crisp new laptop but was unsuccessful in our many attempts. we then went round brians and had some food and more games. Monday we got up and went to windsor town, we also went to the casino as well as walk around by the harbour looking at the detroit skyline. we also tried Poutine! and liked it too! then it was time to go back to toronto and we all wished we had stayed a few days longer.

Tuesday we went to Niagara falls! we went on maid of the mist as well as a few other tourist spots, we didnt do too much mainly because the tour was sort of rushed.

Wednesday we
BreakwaterBreakwaterBreakwater

a small breakwater running left to right of the pier of one of the islands
pretty much did nothing apart from pop into the mall and look around and come home. tomorrow we will be going back to niagara to do the skylong tower and the bigwheel and a few other attractions. we will probably update again on friday

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On wednesday we went on a boat tour upon lake Ontario, we stopped at one of the islands tho the funfair was shut as it only opened on weekends, tho it was a fun place to walk round. we found a little restaurants and had some food but didnt really like it (bad toilets etc). it was one of 3 islands and none of them are allowed to have private cars. we then got back on the boat ride and went back to the harbour and when we got back we bought ourselves some stuff from a little shop really close to where the tour finishes. we then wandered into a neighbouring hotel and looked at the cool toystore they had there. we then got back on the bus-tour bus to head back to the hotel. we then went to Union station to get train tickets to go and see Linda and tony (relatives of candy).

Today we went to a 'The Eaton Shopping centre' and everything was way too expensive when compared to back home. for an example a pair of knee-high boots (that candy obviously found) cost $580 Dollars! needless to say we didnt buy them! after a long venture around the shopping centre it was clear that all of the shops were basically trying to rip u off and we decided to go home.

we will be travelling down to windsor tomorrow so will update u during the weekend at somepoint, but am unsure as to when we will update.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Today we went on a bus tour and realised that 2 blocks down the road there was a mall thats open til 9pm, it has about 300 stores as well as plenty of restaurants, which we could of done with knowing like sunday :P, oh well.
The tour bus stops at around 19 places in toronto allowing u to visit the attractions, and with the tour buses running every 30minutes (from 9am - 7pm) you can pretty much do a lot of things in a day. Today we decided to stop at the
Hotel WaterfallHotel WaterfallHotel Waterfall

this is the waterfall thats in the hotel grounds.
CN Tower, which was a towering choice, it seemed the sort of choice to dwarf everything else by comparison! the elevato... i mean lift goes 138 stories in 58seconds and having windows on the side and the floor of the lift made it fun to watch people move right off it like it was going to break. We found the famous glass floor and we both walked along it (i have picture proof of candy on it) and then we had a meal at one of the restaurants up there, as well as heading up the extra 30 storeys to the skypod (See pics) which was simply amazing.. i also went out on the open air observatory, and u know what, it was quite windy out there!

We also went in a 3D cinema as well as go on a simulator of a disasterous log flume ride, tho the cinema wasnt that exciting, the simulator was great fun.

We then took the tour bus home and its pretty much took up the whole day, and now... ...now we go have some dinner :D


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Today was labour day so not really much was open or happened, except for the weather that seemed to have followed us from the uk. that didnt stop us from having a nice stroll around to get our bearings and see some of the sights tho. We saw a band driving past on a trailer (see video), and tomorrow we will be going on a bus ride around toronto so will update the blog again tomorrow with more pictures and hopefully more videos and information.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 25


Advertisement

A train :DA train :D
A train :D

a train nestled next to a turntable with other carriaged
CN TowerCN Tower
CN Tower

at the foot of the CN Tower
Clock towerClock tower
Clock tower

This is the clocktower that we hear every hour, thats near our hotel
Jury JurorsJury Jurors
Jury Jurors

a momument to the Jurors that are every jury duty (and candy)
Jury Jurors2Jury Jurors2
Jury Jurors2

the same moment only with some guy standing with it
Boat at the harbourBoat at the harbour
Boat at the harbour

waiting for the tour we walked along the harbour
PondPond
Pond

Pond by the restaurant we ate at
BridgeBridge
Bridge

Bridge next to the restaurant we ate at :D
Candy BridgeCandy Bridge
Candy Bridge

Candy on the bridge by the restaurant
Jamie BridgeJamie Bridge
Jamie Bridge

Jamie (me!) on the bridge next to the restaurant
GEESE!!GEESE!!
GEESE!!

Geese, by the pond near the bridge and the restaurant where we ate that we didnt like lol
Toronto waterlineToronto waterline
Toronto waterline

does it really need a description?!


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb