day 14 - montreal to toronto, ontario


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
June 3rd 2010
Published: June 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

the day started early with a 7am bags to coash as it was a very long drive to toronto, ontario.
i slept for the first 2 or so hours of the trip before our first stop at a servo/maccas. we then drove for another probably hour and abit where justin put on the movie Youngblood starring a very young rob lowe, patrick swayze and keanu reeves doing a terrible french canadian accent. it was a hockey movie and i fell asleep in the first half.
our second stop for the day was at rockport, ontario to do our 1hr '1000 islands boat cruise'.
it was pretty overcast but we still got some good pics of all the houses of the little islands and of Boldt Castle.
After the cruise we drove for probably just over and hour before Justin had a surprise stop for us.... The Big Apple.
It was litterally just a big red ball in a paddock and then there was the factory attached where u could by just about anything apple.. apple pie, apple chips etc.
We were the about 30minutes then boarded back on the bus when Justin asked for 2 volunteers. Kylie from Australia and Tahlia from New Zealand put their hands up only for justin to tell them he'd bought two plates of apple pie with cream and they were to have a pie eating contest...without using their hands.
Kylie won hands down.. go aussies!
We drove for a while longer before finally arriving in our home for the next 3 nights, Toronto, Ontario.
We did abit of a city tour on the bus, got stuck in traffic before finally arriving at our hotel, the flashiest we've been in to date, the Hilton Garden Inn - Toronto Downtown.
We got our bags upstairs then headed down as our included dinner tonight was actually at the hotel, very convienient. It was a buffet kind of deal, salad, veggies (which surprisingly i made the most of as I've hardly had any since ive been here!) and juice followed by the Hilton Garden Inn's famous cookies...mmmm.
We made our way back to the rooms and we had a got 90 or so minutes to get ready before we were to meet in the lobby for our organised pub crawl.
We got picked up in a (as you see in the movies) yellow school bus. First stop and Irish Pub.
We stayed here for about an hour, drink prices were reasonable, then made our way to our second destination, it was more of a bar/club. we stayed here probably a little longer, there was a pole dancing pole here so a few of us got some funny photos before heading off to our final destination.
The third place was litterally 2 blocks walk from our hotel, very convienient.
When we got to the 3rd club, Mary realised she no longer had her passport in her bag... oh no. She dropped her bag at the last place and obviously didnt pick that up. Her and mark jumped in a cab and went back there and thank goodness the people at the bar had it... phewwwww!! very lucky.
It was a good club, good music, the guys were a little sleezy but i managed to find a decent one, turns out hes actually an abercrombie and fitch model (yes CK, i have photos haha)
It got to about just after 2am before we decided to head back to the hotel. I sat in the computer room for abit just chatting to one of the guys about the coming few days before heading to my room, mary followed not long after. We got to bed probably just after 3am but i couldnt sleep...once again! boooo!


Advertisement



5th June 2010

You found a "decent one"? How decent? and details..........
5th June 2010

re: lynette
ummm, he was an abercrombie and fitch model!!!!!

Tot: 0.426s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 15; qc: 84; dbt: 0.1442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb