The planning...and a test post


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
December 5th 2007
Published: December 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Jackie King....soon to be in EcuadorJackie King....soon to be in EcuadorJackie King....soon to be in Ecuador

Jackie King....in Kingston at the Kingston Brewing company with a nice microbrewed hard apple/cranberry cider.
This is our first post. It's really just a test, but also a bit about our preparations.

We have most of our gear, and our itinerary is pretty much done. Jackie still needs a pack (Christmas?....😉 we both need a few pairs of nice socks, a pack towel for Jackie, a few books for reading, a few things coming on Christmas. But, we are most of the way there. We need to get our music together on our MP3 players. We have an appointment with a travel doctor this Friday. We just need a yellow fever shot, and some malaria meds. We'll also get some Ciprofloxacin, if the cost isn't so bad, as a just in case measure for stomach problems.

We've both given notice to our respective employers, and we gave notice on our apartment last month. So, we are all set to go pretty much. Only 13 days of work left, and like a month and a few days until departure. We're almost there.

We are both looking forward to alot of the things we plan on doing. We are going to start out in Quito, quickly move into our 30 days of volunteering at the
Jack Bernacki...soon to be in EcuadorJack Bernacki...soon to be in EcuadorJack Bernacki...soon to be in Ecuador

Me, Jack, at camp on Maggie Lake in Algonquin Park in May 2007. What a beautiful place.
Santa Lucia Community Cloud Forest Reserve, then alot of time in the Andean highlands, Cotopaxi, Quilotoa, down to the Amazon basin, back up and over the mountains, down to the coast, to the Galapagos, and finally to the Pacific beaches before returning to Quito for Departure. It's hard to say what we are looking forward to most, because all of it, including everything from the cloud forests, to the river rafting, hiking, mountain biking, colonial cities, pacific beaches, and the beautiful Galapagos Islands. How do you decide?

Well, that is it from here. We can't wait to start writing from the trip. Our first post in Quito is going to be so awesome.

See you back here in about a month.


Hasta Luego
Jack and Jackie

Advertisement



2nd January 2008

Fun!
I hope you two have fun in Ecuador, sounds like an amazing place to visit. Post lots of pics!
7th January 2008

Hey Guys!!
How's it going??!?!? Long time no see. I'm so excited for you guys. You're going to have a great time. How long are you going for?

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb