Oooh Ontario


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
August 13th 2005
Published: August 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Toronto, Niagara, Ottawa


Toronto


Jim and Pauline were our gracious hosts for our four days in and around Toronto. On our first night we were invited to the Maguire mansion for a tasty dinner with Jamie, Rita, Jenny and JP. On exploration of the city itself, we saw the CN tower and went on a city bus tour and boat tour around the harbour and islands.

Niagara Falls is as busy as it is breathtaking. We were crammed aboard the Maid of the Mist in order to be drenched by the spray of the falls. Thankfully our sexy blue ponchos kept us reasonably dry. Lonely Planet warns that Niagara Falls is a place filled with the Newly Wed and the Nearly Dead. Dave reckons it should therefore be called .... wait for it .... yep .... Viagra Falls. Tee hee.

Ottawa


Dillon and Katrina were kind enough to show us around Ottawa. Dillon goes by a rule which we think should be promoted worldwide: 'I buy the beer while you are in my town'. Good for you Dillon. (As a side note, we tried to extend our stay in Ottawa for another month but couldn't arrange it.)

We were treated to a bilingual (and hence very long) light show projected onto the parliament building, and a tour of parliament courtesy of the Canadian government. We also visited a very vibrant market where we purchased yummy beaver tails.

Kelly invited us around for a BBQ to catch up, and we finished our stay in Ottawa at a local pub chatting with Dillon and Katrina and drinking Snakebites.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



16th August 2005

Mmmm, dont mind a snakebite or two!
17th August 2005

Wish I was there!
Isnt Jim the best Great Uncle? Glad you managed to catch up with the rellies. Sounds like you had a great time. Keep up the blogging- Im loving your work.
18th August 2005

We really loved having you guys here! Thanks for the laughs...and introducing us to "snakebites" (ooooouuuucccchhhhhh!!!!)
14th October 2005

I hope you enjoyed my town Toronto. I really enjoyed your pictures (West Coast especially). Never been there (What Kind of Canadian must I be). It is a large country...lots to see. I hope you did not travel accross Canada by Bus? I really enjoyed the non-canadian's view point and thoughts about our country. Thank you. mrvitop@yahoo.com

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb