Toronto, the second time 'round


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
April 14th 2007
Published: April 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Getting back to Toronto was pretty interesting. It took a bit of getting used to after being away for so long.
I arrived at 6 in the morning, post 6 hours on the bus, still reasonably hung over from the night before.
My last night in Quebec had been beer with two Quebecois in a very French bar with very French music and lots of drinking. I had been to this bar over the summer and it was wicked to be there again, in this quaint little place that is located down an alley off an alley from a street in a very European looking alley way, and sitting there in the warm with a beer and the snow whipping around outside.
I have been here for two months and in the two months I slept on a couch back in my old quirky little basement house, I saw lots of art and caught up with everyone. It was pretty random and i didn't know when i was going to leave until two weeks before.
Highlights include My housemates birthday which was a 1930 mobster theme...i wore a fedora, a vest and had water guns filled with booze, it was a delight.
About two weeks ago also went up to Collingwood where i saw a semi frozen lake and went trekking (well kind of) up in some ice caves, up on Blue mountain. Blue mountain is a bit of a pimple as far as mountains go but it's still lovely, i didn't see any bears which i would have really liked to, and i have yet to see a moose but i'm working on it.
Toronto is the same as every except about 20 degrees colder.
My friend described the cold the best : like thousands of flying attack monkeys flying at your face with knives.
Number of snow storms: 4
Number of times i fell on the ice: 3.
Most entertaining things to do involving ice? Running and sliding across the sidewalk.
Number of times fallen in a snow bank: 2
Number of frozen lakes: 2
Average number of layers i wear to go outside if it's colder that -2: 6
Most amount of snow at once: 4 feet.

Things i dont' like about the snow:
Grey black disgusting slush.
Loosing my phone in a snow bank. (it was, however, retrieved for me)
Not ever being able to feel my toes
Cabin fever.
Having to wear so much all the time
Not ever being able to wear flip flops (even to put out the trash)

Overall opinion of snow and ice and colder and Canadian weather? Love it.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb