Canadian Summer


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
July 6th 2005
Published: October 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Gay Pride Parade




I can really feel the heat of summer. I can feel a lot of sweat trickle down my whole body. Is it hot in here or is it just the hotties on parade? We weaseled ourselves into the crowded streets in Yonge for the Gay Pride Parade which was on its 25th year (please correct me if I'm wrong). There were gay people, gay couples, friends and families of gay people who were marching the streets of Toronto... either half-naked, naked-in-rollerblades, top naked, bottom half-naked and what not. Naked people are everywhere and I guess some of the spectators got carried away too. I smell like I've have not taken a bath in weeks and I got roasted in the sun to take silly pictures of naked gay people I don't know! What was I thinking? Hehe...


Food Trip: Greek Town




Woohoo!! We are finally finally driving to Danforth. It's where Greek Town is. I have been wanting to go there since Winter but did not have the chance. Now IS the time! I sure have a big appetite. After sweating that much during the parade, I deserve all the Greek food
Gay Pride Parade Gay Pride Parade Gay Pride Parade

It was so HOT in the streets of Toronto... I mean it was around 40 degrees C
I want!

I orded Souvlaki which is simply grilled tender cuts of meat marinated in a lemony olive oil mixture. It is served with rice and Greek salad. Yummy! My friend ordered falafel and gyros. I asked for baklava for dessert but I got a bit disappointed. It was a slice of cake that was too oily and not as tasty as I was expecting. I guess I will never have that same baklava again... the one I had at Quebec last Winter.

We ended the day at the Lakeshore. The ducks were playfully enjoying the afternoon as we sat by the rocky shore and watched the sun set.


Food Trip: Chinatown




Several times, my friends and I have been to Chinatown to enjoy good greasy Chinese Food! We frequent the Rol San Restaurant. We've been there for late dinner and lunch! Good food all the time. I love their spicy squid the most. I can still remember how they clear the tables for the next customer: With one sweep movement, they gather plates, glasses, and all unfinished food with the white plastic tablecloth which is in place in layers and layers!

SouvlakiSouvlakiSouvlaki

Yummy! Welcome to Greece... hee hee

July 1 is Canada Day!




Wooohoo! Holiday! And it's a Friday, so it's okay to stay a little late elsewhere. We went to Niagara Falls (again) and, as expected, there were LOTS of people there -- tourists, locals, everyone, I guess! We watched the fireworks late at night and headed to Casino Niagara afterwards.


Toronto Zoo




A friend and I went to the Toronto Zoo. Yess!! I was not disappointed with the many feathered, scaled, and furred friends in the zoo. I was impressed with its cleanliness.

I can stilll remember the giraffe and elephant pens that have roofs with showers! Yes! Cool ei?! These large creatures are spoiled. And yes, I finally saw a polar bear!!! There were two of them swimming in their large pools. We went to the underwater viewing deck and it was a joy to see them. My favorite -- MEERKATS! I first knew about their existence at National Geographic Channel so I was sooo titillated to finally see a bunch of them running around in their pen like crazy! They were so cute and cuddly. They stand on their hind legs, look around then run around again.
Jolly at LakeshoreJolly at LakeshoreJolly at Lakeshore

Behind us is Lake Ontario and Downtown Toronto
Again and again like crazy! Such interesting creatures. Only, they can't be kept as pets. All I can take home with me are their pictures.

Still, I was soo happy that day.





Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

SpadinaSpadina
Spadina

Murals at Spadina. We look hungry in this photo.. all craving for delicious, greasy chinese!!!
Spadina GoodiesSpadina Goodies
Spadina Goodies

Buddha along with rubber slippers for sale along Spadina


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0197s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb