Tranz Canada Expedition


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Thunder Bay
September 4th 2015
Published: September 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Medicine Hat,Regina,Winnipeg toThunder Bay
The road from Fernie dropped from the mountains down onto the rolling Plains of the prairie grasslands that just went on forever........the most dangerous part of this ride was trying to keep awake as there was not much action to keep one's attention on the job of riding the bike. Every now and again we would run upon huge combine harvesters cutting or threshing huge paddocks where they would literally disappear outa sight except for the dust cloud they created.
We arrived mid-afternoon to Medicine Hat with temperatures well into the 30s. Leaving Medicine Hat the following day we were on a mission to rendezvous with Robert and Joyce from Regina at Swift Current for lunch. Again this was one of the most dangerous rides we had done up to this point where we had to try and keep awake in the dry, dusty conditions and the temperatures were reaching upwards of 30° plus.
We arrived at the appointed Smittys restaurant about half an hour before Robert and Joyce arrived from Regina,it was so good to see them and the hour and a half just slipped away as we caught up from the last few years that we had been together in Sturgis.
We followed them all the way from Swift Current to their home in Regina and then had such a really nice evening meal of cabbage rolls followed by strudel for desert, all washed down with Yukon Jack. We had a relaxing time with them the next day with a tour of the highlights of Regina, this is the only city with a name that rhymes with Fun (quote-Mick Jagger).
The following day Robert and Joyce led us out of town and across more Prairie to meet up with Trevor and Chris, good friends of Robert and Joyce,who kindly accommodated us for the night at their place in Winnipeg.
They were such good hosts, cooking up a huge pot of pulled pork to share with us.
The following day we were to keep moving east to Dryden,so after breakfast we all went to the Harley dealer as I needed a t shirt from Winnipeg (as you do) then they escorted us outa town to be sure we wouldn't stay another night!
These past few days with these folk have really made our trek across this vast nothingness really worth while, thanks again you guys.
Dryden
Bones, Robert and Joyce Bones, Robert and Joyce Bones, Robert and Joyce

Rest stop on our way to Regina
was just a place to crash for the night as is Thunder Bay. We lost another hour today as we crossed into Eastern time, I'm looking forward to getting all these hours back when I head west again.
So far the weather has been just excellent as we have stayed ahead of the wet wild weather that seems to be behind us.
We keep moving east tomorrow for our night at Wawa.
So until the next blog,keep your feet dry.
Cheers, Rosco


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Another happy hours......Another happy hours......
Another happy hours......

Bones, Robert, Joyce, Chris and Trevor.
Robert and Joyce Robert and Joyce
Robert and Joyce

Such good hosts and fun to be with.
Chris and Trevor Chris and Trevor
Chris and Trevor

More good hosts and fun people. Thanks again to you all.
The Beaver PostThe Beaver Post
The Beaver Post

Nice hand crafts.
Oh no another Harley shopOh no another Harley shop
Oh no another Harley shop

This was right next to our hotel in Thunder Bay.


Tot: 0.256s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 23; qc: 93; dbt: 0.181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb