Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Sault Ste Marie
August 28th 2007
Published: June 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post


Tuesday August 28th, travel day 2. Crossing Wisconsin on Route 8 more farms and trees mostly trees in fact it could be Kansas with trees. We had a great lunch in Rhinelander WI the biggest town we saw in Wisconsin. The Rhinelander Cafe is the local place to eat and has fantastic cream pies. We had parked in the center of town and on leaving the restaurant we couldn't find the car!! Stolen in middle America? Stranded here with nothing!!! Sylvan had convinced me it must have been stolen and just before my rising panic caused me to lose my lunch there it was we had walked right passed it. Onward we drove or Sylvan drove and I dosed. He does hate to give up the wheel. Our route took us through the upper peninsula of Michigan along the lake shore through The Hiawatha State Forest to Sault St. Marie Ontario. No interstates here just two lane back roads. We crossed the bridge showed our passports at the border and immediately looked for a room exhausted from the last two days of traveling. We found the Holiday Inn right on the St. Mary river and the Dock Restaurant within walking distance. Good food and a great view of the boats passing throught the locks from Lake Superior to Lake Huron.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0762s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb