Cruising Rant...


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Richmond Hill
December 21st 2011
Published: December 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Carnival Corp. reported recently that they earned a profit of $1.9 BILLION dollars. Wow. Amazing. What a company.

They do do (yes I said do do) it right.

The Carnival Brand though is priced way too low. They "love" travel agents...Hmmm...I doubt it. Once on board, they get LOTS of revenue from the guests. But the fare to board their ships start at $199 or even lower sometimes. We can't make a living selling Carnival. No one can. I don't care who you are.

As for their other 10 or 11 brand (who can keep track) around the world - Holland America, Cunard, Seabourn, Princess etc...these are all big name players who sell their product well...and they are (I believe) run independently.

I love this industry - I really do. But it does get frustrating at times. Big companies just dont care. We can try and explain to them that some of their policies dont make sense but they all say the same thing..."Thats our policy".

I wish - and this is a distant dream...that ALL cruise lines would make their deposits NON-REFUNDABLE.

Tour operators do it. Why not the cruise industry?

I also read recently that Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas failed it health inspection. I mean seriously. They got an 85 out of 100. They needed 86 for a "passing" grade.

Do you really know why they "deduct" points. For starters, a freezer which was set a 5 degrees Celsius was probably a 6 when inspected.

Signs may were not displayed correctly...and there were some fruit flies.

Seriously!!!!

Do hotels get the same inspection that cruise ships do? NO...why do you think you come home from the Dominican or Cuba and have the runs? Or you feel sick. Probably because you picked something up from the food.

I understand that cruise ships need to be inspected...its a great idea. But please dont think that if a ship fails its unsanitary.

The cruise industry is held to a higher standard than the rest of the travel industry.

If you havent tried cruising...your missing out.

Till next time....bon voyage!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb