Thomas Cook / Venice


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Richmond Hill
December 14th 2011
Published: December 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Wow...what a year for Thomas Cook PLC...a $638 Million CAD loss.

1000 jobs about to disappear. Stores are set to close in the U.K.

Business outside the U.K. remained largely unaffected...well thats good news isn't it?

I hope they figure this out.

Canada (as I've mentioned in the past) has too many players in the market. No one ever seems to learn. Canadians want NONSTOP everywhere and they dont want to pay for it. Interesting.

This Christmas/New Years and the 1st couple of months into the new year have staggering prices for airfare to Florida...its the worst I've seen in a long time. BOOK EARLIER!!

Now lets talk about Venica...ahhh...Venice - what the hell are these people thinking??? They want to limit (or reduce alltogether) the large ships coming and going into theircity for fear that the waves may be eroding their foundations.

Let me tell you something. These ships arent doing 60 miles an hour...they barely create any ripples. They want them to dock on the mainland and pay another 50 Euros each to come to Venice. Guess what people? They ain't gonna come. Venice is tourism. Tourism is the MAIN source of income. If you start docking the ships on the mainland, then the ships are gonna stop going (or limit their exposure). How much money will they lose then? Hope these Venetians figure this out too...

Wow - what a rant...sorry about that.

Till next time...bon voyage!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0815s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb