The End


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Pickering
August 8th 2011
Published: August 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Welcome CakeWelcome CakeWelcome Cake

Angela had this wonderful cake waiting for us on our arrival - check out the little bike at the bottom!
Our final day was a drive-o-rama. We left the hotel before 9am, and did nothing but drive for the first three hours. A large stretch of this driving was through the terrible Montreal traffic, and it was near the end of that stretch, which was not the best of times to hit traffic.

When we hit Ontario we stopped for gas, food, washrooms, and most importantly to stretch our legs. After a short rest it was back to driving, and we didn't stop again until just past Kingston. After another quick stretch, washroom and bite to eat, we got going one last time, and drove all the way to Therese's house in Pickering.

Angela was waiting for us with hugs and smiles. She also had an awesome cake made for us. We unloaded our stuff, told a few stories, and headed out for Thai food - something we've been craving all trip. This marks the end of the blog, there will be no more entries. Thanks again to everyone who helped out with our trip, and commented and read our blog. We'll be seeing most of you in person real soon 😊

- E and T

Advertisement



9th August 2011

Welcome back!
My comment title is pretty self-explanatory. It was great following your adventures from T.O. to St. John's. I can only imagine how your legs must feel after all of that - your quad muscles must be like rebar! I would have to go on my own journey just to be able to keep up with you on a regular bike ride now. Next up for you two: bike through every province and territory in this country, j/k!
11th August 2011

Well Done!!!!
Congratulations on the completion of this fantastic trip. Loved reading the details of the story and the great photos!!!!!! Thank you! I was thrilled to be part of your journey for a few hours in Halifax. Great to see you both, and now I am awaiting the next story when ever that may be. Cycling to Denver in 2012??? ;)
15th August 2011

late entry
Very well written blog and informative too!. I can't wait to hear more details of your adventure, in person:).

Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1135s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb