A Journey of 5,000 Miles Begins With Hours at the Airport


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
January 7th 2016
Published: January 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

YOW. An acronym to strike fear into the hearts of the easily bored. Ottawa International Airport, please arrive three hours early so we can bleed off some of your vacation dollars before you even get to where your're going.

Susan kindly drove us to the airport and we enjoyed looking at the snow and ice covering everything, knowing that there's a good chance that this is the end of this winter for us. So a bite at D'Arcy McGee's while we give posting to the blog a whirl. And photos. Got to test photos.

We are vibrating with excitement as we are about to leave on the biggest trip of our lives. The scope and breadth of this tour is far beyond anything we've done before. We are looking forward to new experiences, sights, sounds and smells (India!), and the new friends we will doubtless encounter.

Danielle booked us in two seats with no neighbors, so we need only fight amongst ourselves for one elbow space. Don't know if sleep will come or not, but 9:30 am at Heathrow will come quickly enough. Then a National Express bus to Southampton for a southern English coast evening.

And we'll likely pick you up there! See you at the pub.

Advertisement



10th January 2016

Sounds like you are off on a real adventure
Ready to read all about it. Glad you've left some snow behind.

Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0653s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb