Tyson: Africa Preparation


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
December 4th 2012
Published: December 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After a year of planning and research, the trip is only 5 days away. Apparently more of my effort and planning should have gone into how to pack everything efficiently, as I'm having some difficulties fitting one month's worth of equipment into my 'supposedly' large enough backpack. The logistical challenges created by attempting Kilimanjaro in the middle of an African trek may have been a little over-zealous - or maybe I need to learn to pack/bring less stuff.

Also, cutting it a little closer than Anne would have liked, we finally received confirmation of our Rwandan visas and finalized our remaining hotel/shuttle. The visas for Kenya and Tanzania will be acquired on arrival which should present some interesting learning opportunities regarding my haggling skills.

Below is a map of the major travel legs for the trip:




All are flights with the exception of Nairobi, Kenya to Moshi, Tanzania. This is thanks to yours truly (who for some reason really wanted to see Nairobi, a decision I'm starting to regret) we get to take a 9 hour bus ride. I'm sure it will give us a unique perspective on the local life style and demonstrate how most of the world deals with national border crossings.

Tyson

Advertisement



6th December 2012

WOW!!!
We will definitely follow you on your adventure to Africa. This blog is great. Have an exciting trip but especially a safe one. Take care. All our love...
8th December 2012

Hope the two of you have a great trip - be safe!

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0689s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb