The lock opened


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Orillia
May 27th 2017
Published: May 27th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The lock master informed us last evening that they were opening the lock on Saturday morning. They increased the flow fir the night so we slept beside a raging misting waterfall. It was bouncy and noisy but we managed to get a good night's sleep. My legs were sore in the morning from trying to stay in bed.

We transited three locks and the marine railway today which only leaves us 40 more locks. The Captain did his usual great job in these busy locks even if it is the first time he drives this monstrosity. The boat is called Rolling Stone but I would like to call it the beast. Our buddy boat Gray Ghost is really a blessing to travel with. Sorry I kept hailing him as the Gray Goose. There were some harrowing moments where we went through turbulent waters but all worked out well today. Jerry and I had a big scare when alarms went off. He hightailed it down to the engine room while I took the helm where I soon realized that the VHF radio was the culprit. All is working well on the boat And our blood pressure has stabilized.

Pete and his crew, Allen, cooked us steaks and rice for dinner so we all had dinner together on our boat. They have now gone to anchor in shallower water at Chief's island on lake Couchiching. This is one of our favourite anchorage. We have partied here many times in the past.

The plan is to cross lake Simone early tomorrow and transit as many locks as possible before we catch up to the unopened locks. The water is quite high farther down so we shall see.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb