Niagara Falls X 2


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Niagara Falls
November 17th 2013
Published: November 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

So, our traveling has begun, except it has been limited to wineries in Niagara on the Lake over the past two weekends. During the first weekend of November, I went to Niagara with 12 other women, including close friend Jennifer Alsop, to visit as many wineries as we could during a seven hour period. That number ended up being 20!!!!! Twenty wineries in seven hours. I am pretty sure we were chugging our samples of wine near the end. I say "pretty sure" because I can't really remember. Lots of laughs and I really appreciated being invited. Great fun.

Then, last weekend, my dear Paul surprised me with a weekend in Niagara with our closest friends Brent and Sophia. We were picked up by the Taylors and made the journey to Niagara together. We checked in at our room at the Sheraton, grabbed some Burger King specialties, and then met our driver Gary in front of our hotel. Gary decided that music wasn't necessary, and he talked the entire way to our first winery. The winery was Inniskillin (sp?), and it was not a positive experience. The next winery was Reif and there we met Archie - he made our day. The wine was tasty and Archie was willing to pour. He enjoyed insulting Paul and Paul and Brent did their best to insult him. The rest of the afternoon was fun - except that Gary felt he should accompany us into every winery.

Upon return to our hotel, Sophia and I had a massage and the boys went to the casino. After that, we went for drinks at the Hard Rock Cafe. We went from there to the Keg restaurant, where the hostess stupidly suggested we sit and wait in a room over to the side of the main dining room. After sitting unattended for 15 minutes, we discovered that no one would ever come to wait on us there. Oops. Paul decided to speak to the manager - 5 minutes later, we had a table and our first round of drinks were taken care of. What a fabulous dinner and a fantastic server! Lots of fun.

The casino followed and the casino gods were kind to all. Turner was going to get in trouble when he returned home late, but the plethora of $100 bills saved him.

The following morning included a breakfast at The Flying Saucer and a quiet drive home. Sunday was a quiet day for all.

The trip is coming along - we have booked our week in San Francisco and we have also booked some time at a beautiful resort in Phoenix/Scottsdale Arizona. It looks amazing - a water park for the kids and a spa for me! Who could ask for anything more?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb