Day Fifteen- June 28, 2010 Tampa to Montreal Tour


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Niagara Falls
July 3rd 2010
Published: July 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We finally make it to the most amazing wonder of the world, Niagara Falls. This is a must see to believe sight. As they all say, the Canada side has a better view. I have to tell you, that the pictures say it all.

We drive along the Niagara River, see in the distance the enormous Brock Monument commemorating the War of 1812, and a huge "Flower Clock" that Niagara Park is famous for.

Stats on Niagara Falls:

length of brink: 2600 feet

height: 167 feet

volume of water: 600,000 U.S. gallons per second


Interesting fact: According to the U.S.G.S. (United States Geological Survey) of Niagara Falls, it appears that almost 1/3 of the Canadian Falls lies within US Territory.

Straddling the Canadian-United States International Border and both in the Province of Ontario and the State of New York, Niagara Falls attracts some 12 Million tourists to her majestic awesome beauty each year.

The Niagara is a fairly young river, only 12,000 years old!, a microsecond in geological time. The Niagara Escarpment, which was created by erosion is much older. The glaciers pressed down on the land during the last ice age and laid down layers of sediment, then the slow process of erosion of ice and water ate at the surface of the escarpment.

While visiting the Falls you will get wet, as the overspray is unavoidable. We also toured the tunnels carved out underneath the Falls for an excellent view of the rushing water overhead.

There are thousands of people from all over the world lining the streets, where you can see the Niagara Falls easily. Lots of Casinos, and plenty of hotels. It is a little too commercial for our tastes, but not far away you can see some very beautiful, peaceful countryside as well. They have a falls view restaurant with the best views of all, good food, local wines and beers, very friendly service!


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

you can see the Brock's Monument from many miles awayyou can see the Brock's Monument from many miles away
you can see the Brock's Monument from many miles away

Many decisive battles of the War of 1812 occurred along both sides of the Niagara River.
Brock's Monument- War of 1812Brock's Monument- War of 1812
Brock's Monument- War of 1812

Canada and the United States today share the longest peaceful border in the world. Almost two hundred years ago, however, control of the Niagara River section of this international border was in constant dispute.
Niagara FallsNiagara Falls
Niagara Falls

one of the wonders of the world, and you can see it for free!


16th July 2010

Thank you for checking out my blog!
I am glad you enjoyed the blog on our Tampa to Montreal Tour with our 1930 Packard. We will be sure to let you know when the next adventure begins, and with what grand old car!
16th July 2010

Thank you for checking out my blog!
I have told everyone I speak to that they should make Niagara their next destination for fun. I highly recommend staying in nearby Niagara-on-the-Lakes instead of downtown Niagara Falls. The vineyard community is awesome, and a short and beautiful drive to the Falls.

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 21; qc: 53; dbt: 0.077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb