day 16 - niagara falls, ontario


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Niagara Falls
June 5th 2010
Published: June 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

temp: 29degrees

so today was a struggle, after getting to bed at 4:15am we had to be ready to catch the bus at 8am to go out to Niagara Falls.

Welcome to Struggletown - population 4... me, mary, mel, trav (mark had left earlier)

we got to sleep the 90minute drive out to Niagara Falls though so at least that was something.

When we got there it was so cool, got the same feeling as when i saw the grand canyon, and times square, that wowwwwww feeling. It was so impressive, i know its only water, but its sooooo much water.

we got off the bus and made our way to get out tickets to go on the boat called the 'maid of the mist'. on this they take u on the boat, give u ponchos to wear but you still get absolutely soaked as they take you in the middle of the the falls.
i had the hood on my poncho on and done up do only the bottom 10cm of my jeans got drenched, both mel and mary decided not to wear the hood and they were soaked though.
after this we mad our way for some lunch as we had time to fill in before some of uss were to meet the bus at midday to go and do our helicopter ride over the falls.

we got to the helicopter place in about 10minutes and 6 of us were loaded into the copter...i managed to score the shotgun position... priceless.
sitting there next to the pilot as we flew over such an amazing experience. i took plenty of photos but like with the grand canyon, i think its something you really need to see in person to appreciate it.

the helicopter ride went maybe for about 15minutes but it was only $100, wellllll woth the money, would highly recommend it to anyone.

we made our way back to the falls and decided to pay the extra $13 and do the 'journey behind the falls'. here we were given an other poncho and we went like 120m down in a lift to the made tunnels to take u down the bottom of the falls and behind them.

we went in behind and it was kind of cool coz you could see the power behind it but to go out at the bottom of them was better. we werent out there for long though and once again we got absolutely saturated.

we made our way back up the road and as we only had about 30minutes til we had to meet the bus we decided to lay in the park. it was so hot by this point, and with all the water flying around coz of the falls it was really humid.

we made our way back to the hotel, another 90minutes of sleep, woo.

we had about 2 hours to get ready etc before we were being taken to an irish pub for our included dinner. this dinner was brilliant. it was a buffet kinda thing. chicken, pasta, mashed potatoe, and veggies. we stayed here for abit before making our way round to a pub called the madison.
this was a pretty good place. the drinks were a good price, and they had a pool table. the first one we've seen in a pub here. we played a few games then decided to leave. we did have a laugh while here though, they played both the veronicas and gabriella chillmi, and the film clips were both different to the ones we'd seen at home, good on them though, being played in canada.

We moved on to a club called Dolce. Travis and Brad had met this bartender the night before that had hooked them up with the VIP booth. We got in for free and made our way to the dance floor.
It didnt take long to work out the crowd, can you say pretentious.. but we went up to the VIP area and got some free drinks then went back to the dance floor. Though out the night we kept doing back for drinks and even spotted A.Rod (Alex Rodriguez, i think he's currently dating Kate Hudson) from the NY Yankees but you weren't allowed take photos wit or of him.
I stayed til after 2am before i was over the crowd and my feet were killing me after 3 nights in a row in hooker heels.

I caught a cab back to the hotel with Anina where i finished packing and made my way to bed. Mary came in not too long after. It was a really good night but after a long day and lack of sleep and alcohol being consumed i was absolutely spent.



Advertisement



7th June 2010

Lovin' the sound of those hooker heels MM! Similar to the Hollywood heels? Niagara falls sounds incredible. Reading about you going over it in a helicopter brings back sooo many memories of how I felt flying over the Grand Canyon. You can't explain it to anyone can you? It just feels indescribable, so I can appreciate how you felt flying over Niagara falls like that. Awesome hun. I'm sooooo doin' that someday! Also, when you sail on the Maid of the Mist under the falls, isn't the water like falling down enough to break your neck or something?! How's that work?! lol
8th June 2010

fantastic
what a picture you paint fabulous saints back in town enjoy

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.1157s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb