Day 131


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Niagara Falls
October 9th 2009
Published: October 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Feeling a little worse for wear we managed to get up in time for the wonderful pancakes that the hostel made for breakfast! They were actually ok surprisingly!

After packing up and loading the car we hit the road and headed down towards Niagara falls. When we eventually arrived we stayed on the Canadian side as the views looked better. The falls were pretty spectacular but different to what we imagined. The city of Niagrara falls is built around the falls themselves, i thought that they would be outside the city but the falls actually divide the USA and Canada, pretty cool!!

We wondered around a little further trying to find the museum that had everything about the people that had gone over the edge of the falls in barrels but all there was a imax which we didn't want to see. But we were told by some guy that we missed a person go over the edge that day and survive! Why wasn't this publicized?!!!!

After staying for a few hours at the falls we headed across the bridge to the US border. We got in line and the car was photographed by before we submitted our passports. The officer took our passports and told us we had to go to immigration. Great! So we went up to a small room and waited for a while before our names were called. The officer wanted to know what we were doing so we told him that we had bought a car and were heading to LA for November 22nd when we fly to New Zealand. He was fine with this and stamped our passports, what a relief!

We drove on to Buffalo and didn't stop as it looked pretty average! We found a hotel in a small place called Dunkirk and crashed there for the evening.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb