Niagara Falls


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Niagara Falls
April 12th 2021
Published: December 27th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Niagara Falls consists of two waterfalls on the Niagara River, which marks the border between New York between and Ontario, Canada: the American Falls, located on the American side of the border, and the Canadian or Horseshoe Falls located on the Canadian side.
This tour was on the Canadian side.

The water that runs over the falls comes from the Great Lakes. Ninety percent of the water goes over the Horseshoe Falls. Originally, as much as 5.5. billion gallons of water per hour flowed over the falls. Today the amount is controlled by the Canadian and American governments to slow erosion. In addition, some of the water is diverted to provide power for the United States and Canada, making Niagara Falls the largest source of electric power in the world.

The Horseshoe Falls are 170 feet high. The brink of the falls is approximately 2,500 feet from one side to the other. The American Falls are 180 feet high and 1,100 feet long.

The river below Niagara Falls averages 170 feet deep. Daredevils who go over the falls usually hit the bottom of the river before popping back to the surface.

This magnificent waterfall is nature's creation
and not man-made. It is a group of 3 waterfalls on the Niagara River, which flows from Lake Erie to Lake Ontario.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement









Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020.6kb