New York to Niagara Falls


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Niagara Falls
June 22nd 2018
Published: June 24th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Goodbye NYC, had a ball, don't think I could live here, so busy, all the time. Walking the footpaths is next to impossible, and crossing the road, not for the faint hearted!

Our airport transfer arrived on time this morning, no drama like when we arrived. Lots of traffic on the way to Newark, but still there in plenty of time for our flight to Toronto (on a much smaller plane than we have had so far).

Airport transfer all went smoothly in Toronto as well, but traffic between Toronto and Niagara Falls was pretty bad. Took us close to 2 hours, but all worth it when we looked out the window of our hotel room with a view! Could see all the falls, the American, the Bridal Veil, and the Horseshoe. And also the Rainbow Bridge, which crosses the Niagara River, which is the border between Canada and the USA. So can drive or walk across the bridge to America (we are on the Canadian side)!

Decided to walk up to the falls, as rain was forecast for the rest of the time we are here. Lots of people wandering around, walked past the boats going up to the falls, and the Zipline. Don't think we will be doing that.

Had dinner booked tonight at the Revolving restaurant at the Skylon Tower. Checked the weather forecast again, decided it wasn't going to rain until tomorrow, so walked to the tower. Whoops! A few sprinkles along the way, but not too bad. Got a little lost, but got there in the end.

Then had to go up in the (yellow) glass elevator that goes up the outside of the building in 52 seconds. Tower is 230+ metres above the falls. Had a lovely meal, with an amazing view above the falls. The restaurant does one revolution every hour, so saw the falls in daylight, and then with the night illuminations (although hard to get any decent photos because of spotlights on the ceiling reflecting on the windows). Was really raining when it was time to go back to the hotel, fireworks started when we were almost there, but decided to stand and watch, we were already wet. Had a great view!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

American & Bridal Veil FallsAmerican & Bridal Veil Falls
American & Bridal Veil Falls

Bridal Veil is the little bit on the right!
American & Bridal Veil FallsAmerican & Bridal Veil Falls
American & Bridal Veil Falls

From hotel room, different colours, change all the time


Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0994s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb