Niaara Falllllllllllls


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Niagara Falls
June 27th 2011
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.1066, -79.0642

We got up and drove to the Black Creek Pioneer Village and went through it. It had a lot of buildings from around the mid 1800's. It also had people in costume who gave tours of the buildings, as well as tradesmen doing their crafts.
We left there and headed for Niagara Falls. We got in around 5;00PM, checked in at our B&B and headed downtown for some dinner. We got our first glimpse of the falls.
The next morning we bought an Adventure Pass and headed to the Maid of the Mist boat tour. They give you very stylish rain gear to wear on the boat. We took our hosts advise and stayed on the bottom level at the back and didn't get too wet at all. Next, we headed over to the Journey Behind the Falls. We took an elevator to the bottom of the falls and then out to a deck to see the falls from behind. Again, another nice rain gear. After that we had lunch at a nice resturant with a great view of both falls. Next, we went and saw a 4d movie called Niagara's Fury. Again, we get some rain gear. Rain gear for a movie? It showed the making of the Niagara gorge and the falls. The floor moved, it rained on us, it snowed on us. It was pretty cool.
We took the people mover back to our B&B and took a nice nap. After that, we went back down to the falls and found a nice resturant for dinner. There was a band playing 70's rock in the park next door. At 9;00 they turned on huge lights on the falls. At 10;00 they had a fireworks show over the gorge. It was pretty fantastic. We walked back to the people mover station to ctch it back to our B&B. Well, they stopped running at 10;00. We started walking back to the B&B. I finally hailed a cab and we took it back.
This morning, we got up and went over to the White Water Walk. It is a short walk along the river next to some class 6 rapids. Boats are forbidden on this section of the river because it is so rough. We next headed out to Fort George to see this fort. It is as it was during the War of 1812. It also had costumed characters at it. We also visited a printing museum. A nice young man gave us a personal tour of the museum.
Tomorrow, we drive to Livonia to stay with my folks for 8 days and then back home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb