On our way


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Napanee
June 16th 2013
Published: June 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

This way to NEwfoundlandThis way to NEwfoundlandThis way to NEwfoundland

Thousand Islands
We said our adieus to friends and family. We readied the boat and are fully provisioned for months so it is time to cast off.

It is a rainy day but calm. We enjoyed a nice breakfast at Joyce and Frank's so we bid farewell to Napanee, we are off on our adventure.

It rained steadily until 1:00 and the sun finally made an appearance when we dropped the hook. We were going to stop in Picton to top up our water tank but it was too wet for that task. We will take care of that further down the system. Needless to say we could not see much today as the visibility was limited. We did catch a glimpse of Kingston and Gananoque. The traffic was light and the wild life scarce. We saw swans, geese and cormorants. Some huge mansions on the Bateau Channel and along the small craft route were the only points of interest.


We are anchored behind Squaw Island and Sugar Island. There is some wake from passing boats but that will stop as the evening progresses. It is quite scenic with islands all around us, hence the name Thousand Islands.

We had a Bar-B-Que and are enjoying the peace and quiet, I love being on the hook.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Captain JerryCaptain Jerry
Captain Jerry

Staying connected with Bell and Telus


17th June 2013

So far-so good!
The photo's are really nice, the blue water, hills & greenery. Looking forward to the news and pictures every day. Happy cruising! Love you, Peg & Bob xo
17th June 2013

So far so-good
Thanks Peggy, it was difficult to take pictures on a rainy day.
17th June 2013

Way to go!
Glad to see you guys are on your way. You paint a gloomy picture of the weather but the real pics are lovely...Looking forward to checking in every day. Sail safely. Hugs.
19th June 2013

We've discovered your blog today
Sounds like you are off on an exciting adventure. We will be following along. Hoping to learn what life on a boat is like. Looking forward to hearing more of your adventure.

Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0629s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb