John and Maggie's


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Kinburn
October 8th 2012
Published: October 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at John and Maggie's in Kinburn around noon today!

After our problems yesterday with getting access to the Internet in Ottawa, we have found J&M's Internet to be exemplary here today - everything is working just as it should! Yay!

We spent a wonderful day here. It always feels like coming home to me to come to this house. We were given a very comfortable room, an even more comfortable bed, and wonderful food, including home made scones and 6-year-old cheddr for lunch and Thanksgiving dinner in the evening.

In the afternoon, Maggie was gracious enough to take Katherine out to some artisans who were exhibiting their wares in this area this long weekend. We saw beautiful pottery, woodworking, fiber art, blown glass, home-made soap, and more. And at long last I've found Sarah's 40th birthday gift, which shall be mailed from here tomorrow. (No hints being given as to what this is, however, on the remote chance she might be reading some of these blog entries!)

The trip to visit the crafts gave me many opportunities to photograph the beautiful fall colors on display here right now. Again, too many to post them all here, but you can find them on my Picassa site at https://picasaweb.google.com/109471170472848057534/JohnAndMaggieS

I was able to catch an hour or so nap afterward to make up for last night's insomnia. I'm hoping the turkey eaten for dinner tonight will forestall any more of that nonsense tonight!

I woke up to the aroma of perfectly roasted turkey with all the trimmings, which we have just finished consuming. What a day! We are indeed grateful to have such good friends to share this day with.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1004s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb