Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum - Father's Day Weekend FLY FEST!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Hamilton
June 17th 2017
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Canadian Warplane Museum


Pilot Andy DobsonPilot Andy DobsonPilot Andy Dobson

Also flies the Lancaster
Canadian Warplane Museum FLY FEST - Father's Day weekend.

Normally I don't post a blog other than when we are travelling but this is something special.

Elke got us passes for both days of FLY FEST at the Warplane Museum in Mount Hope outside of Hamilton.

We drove down to Hamilton on Friday night so we could get an early start on Saturday. The weather was perfect!

I wanted mostly to go for a ride in the B-25 Mitchell fighter bomber but the opportunity came up to also go for a ride in a Harvard trainer.

The Harvard was used to train Spitfire pilots in WW2. It has roughly the same handling characteristics but not the same power.

When my name was called I had to go thru a short talk on safety and how to strap in.

I can only say that if you ever get a chance or want the thrill of a smooth roller coaster then... YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY THIS!!!!!

Harvard fly over museum

After the Harvard I went up in the B-25 fighter bomber and was shocked at how agile this plane was.

Once again amazing! We did a fly over for the Wounded Warrior gathering in Bronte Park.

B-25 Take Off

We will be going back again. there are many more planes to ride in (12 in all). Tiger Moth, Chipmunk, Nordster and also the AVRO Lancaster.

One of only 2 in the world that still fly.

Cudos to Elke for finding this great outing. THANK YOU SO MUCH!


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Lake Ontario coastLake Ontario coast
Lake Ontario coast

we did a flyover at the Wounded Warrior celebration
AVRO LancasterAVRO Lancaster
AVRO Lancaster

only 1 of 2 in the world still flying
VampreVampre
Vampre

Part of the waterloo warbirds
F-86 SabrejetF-86 Sabrejet
F-86 Sabrejet

From the Golden Hawks predecessor of the Snow birds
Museum honours many of the pilotsMuseum honours many of the pilots
Museum honours many of the pilots

Elke reading about the amazing Canadians men and women who served our country during all of the conflicts.


Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.1638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb