Autumn Almanac


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Hamilton » McMaster University
October 27th 2008
Published: October 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

My plans to go to a friend’s for thanksgiving unfortunately fell through and so spent the weekend on campus. Luckily enough however, my friend Anna also stayed here and so one crisp, autumn, Sunday afternoon we went for a walk into Coots Paradise, the nature reserve adjacent to the campus.

We followed a path behind one of the residences into the woods and down to the lake. Now I’d heard that autumn in Canada was amazing but to be honest it didn’t exactly sound that remarkable; I mean leaves change colour in England too. However, when you put thousands of these trees together and then place them all next to a lake, well I have to admit, it’s pretty spectacular.

It wasn’t just that however, but the colours of the leaves themselves seemed a lot brighter and more vivid. They actually were red and yellow and orange, and not just some shade of brown. It was literally like walking into some sort of fairytale autumn. This is what you get taught autumn is like when you’re a kid but you never quite see it. So for your enjoyment (and jealousy), here are lots of pictures of the trees and the lake next to campus. Haha, I wouldn’t be saying that in Leeds!


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb