At the lake


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Haliburton
September 17th 2008
Published: September 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our drive back to Canada was fairly uneventful and even the wait at the border wasn't too long - an hour and a half or so. We reached Toronto airport at 7pm. Our friend Ben came to pick us up and after a quick stop at the house to pick up some extra provisions, we were soon on the road again. We drove North of Ontario into the Haliburton Highlands to the small town of Minden. We arrived late and all the others were off to bed.

The next day we were up early and so was everyone else. Jen, Ben and baby Matthew and Jen's brother Paul and his girlfriend Delaney. Jen's side of the family have recently bought the cottage and it's been a huge renovation project. They have done some amazing work and were spending a few more days doing some more. Mike and I enjoyed a couple of days hanging out with everyone. Mike helped Ben put up paneling and I helped by carrying the odd bit of wood - got to mind arm strains you know - and chatting with Matthew. He is a very good boy and really just enjoys being around all that is going on. He even took a few steps whilst we were visiting which was really exciting to see.

We enjoyed some dinners and drinks around the campfire in the evening and the boys enjoyed some paddling and swimming in the lake, which the cottage sits by. Soon, it was Thursday and time for us to head back down to Toronto. Being on the road for a week and helping with wood cutting, etc - meant that we were in dire need of doing a load of washing. Next stop, Nova Scotia. Or so we thought.........

Tune in for the next leg of our holiday - coming soon.

Lots of love. xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb