DAY 5


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Dryden
May 24th 2012
Published: May 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


This day started out with a new vibrancy as we could almost smell the Manitoba air from the RV. We were ready for a new province. So once again the beds were made, our toxic waste dumped and we slowly made our exodus from the campground and headed back into Dryden to get the tire repaired. We arrived at Canadian tire before opening and waited around only to find out that they could not handle our problem. Once we found the right repair shop, the tire turned out to be only a minor valve leak and we were very quickly back on the road west. This morning I drove just a short way through the scenic Lake of the Woods region of Western Ontario which is the Muskokas for the Winnipeg rich. Then a short jaunt into Kenora for a quick stop at Canadian tire followed by a drive through town. Despite what John used to say about Kenora, our impressions were quite different. The town is clean, quiet and has a beautiful lake in the middle. We didn’t stay long. As we wound our way out of town Louise made breakfast the kids – smoothies and toast with peanut butter…..such happiness. A short time later when we did the border crossing into Manitoba and the cameras were snapping like the paparazzi. I only got lost once getting through Winnipeg and on our way up to Lower Garry Fort. Lots to tell of this site but the photos will tell this tale. I stayed at the wheel for a few more hours as we rolled across the prairies. This time the pictures just don’t capture all the simple beauty of the scenery.

Then it was Louise’s turn at the well and mine at the books with Joseph. He just loves it. He could spend his days with me pouring over the numbers…..not. We drove pretty much all off Manitoba in the afternoon and settled in a campground just before dark the western edge of the province. It was pretty vacant and I suspect the slight snow coming down may have had something to do with it. It was lights out before midnight and I took all of 30 seconds to fall asleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



29th May 2012

32, but feels like 38 here
Where are the pictures of the prairies? I can"t get over the tracks you're making - watching the map, I'm seeing the country pass by before my very eyes! Louise and Bob, you're not looking too chummy up there on the park bench. Not like the old days when Louise couldn't keep her hands off you :-) I'm not sure about Joseph, but both LAF and VAF look pretty studious. Still want to see pic of pooch. Pooch, people, prairies...I see a pattern coming along...

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb