Margy and Harlan Jones


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Brockville
June 30th 2010
Published: July 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ju-Vindale Holsteins of Cazenovia is this year's Dairy of Distinction winner in Madison County.
Vince and Juliet Wagner have owned this farm since January 2008 after they sold their dairy in Myerstown, Pa. and moved to New York. They currently milk 58 cows, have 45 head of youngstock and grow all their crops on the 162-acre farm.
The designation for the Ballina Road dairy continures the "Dairy of Distinction" tradition which began in 1984. At that time, it was owned by Harlan and Margie Jones. The Jones, along with Bruce and Sally Barnes in Madison, were the first two farms in Madison County designated as "Dairies of Distinction" and to place the distinctive white sign with the red barn in their dooryards.
The Northeast Dairy Farm Beautification Program recognizes the hard work and dedication of dairy owner/operators who have attractive, well-kept farms and promote a good dairy industry image. All active dairy farms in New York are eligible to apply.
This was in The Dispatch on June 12.


Advertisement



1st July 2010

Congratulations to the Jones Family
Many congratulations, Margy and Harlan on winning this award! So much hard work goes into farming but we know from experience that you two are not afraid of hard work!

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb