New Brunswick and Nova Scotia - Back Home---the Final Blog Entry


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia
August 9th 2017
Published: August 11th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We decided to follow our Garmin GPS recommend route from Edmunston New Brunswick across central New Brunswick to Kouchibouguac National Park. On the map Highway 108 looks like a short cut compared with taking the Trans Canada Highway. In Nova Scotia the 100 series highways are good roads. ...apparently not in New Brunswick. Highway 108 turned out to be 135 km of the worst road we have travelled on our trip across North America. The majority of the road runs through wilderness with no easy way to turn around with the trailer. We encountered a very few cars and noted that they had non- New Brunswick license plates. They must have also been following their GPS advice!

We eventually arrived at Kouchibouguac National Park and spent 3 great days camping with Gary's sister Carol, husband Greg and their dog Keeva. The Park has many well developed biking trains and a beautiful beach.

We are now back home in Nova Scotia at the cottage near Shelbourne where our trip started. The trip odometer on the truck indicates that we have travelled 17,804km. In 68 days we visited 5 US states and every Canadian province except Nfld and PEI. Our RAM pick-up truck and Rockwood Mini Lite travel trailer performed very well.

Thank you to those who followed our travel blog and came along for the journey. It was a wonderful trip that can now be ticked-off our bucket list!

Advertisement



11th August 2017

Back home
We really enjoyed following your blog and all the amazing photos. Looked like a fabulous trip! Always good to be back home though, right? Travel is wonderful but can also be exhausting, enjoy your time at the cottage, vacation without wheels. ??
18th August 2017

Awesome Blog
Welcome home Gary and Joy! I really enjoyed your blog. Felt like I was right there along for the journey. Great pictures! I'm glad you had such a good time.

Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb