Nova Cuteness


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia
May 1st 2013
Published: May 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

We had a late start from Fredericton but we made to Dartmouth by evening. We decided to leave sightseeing in Halifax for the next day as we were both tired of driving around and its always easier to navigate a new place by daylight. we spent 2 hours (so little time!) wandering around downtown and the wharf. I loved it! I could have spent all day there. I wanted to tour Alexander Keith's brewery, however at this time of year they only have tours on the weekend. Bad timing! If we had been there on the weekend we could have caught the Trews too, or next weekend Matt Mays is playing...where was I on that one? I guess thats what happens when you don't plan things. We go to a city famous for its music scene and don't even go out! My sister was not interested in Halifax at all and wanted to leave as soon as we got there, but I loved it. I would probably move there if it weren't so far from home!

We drove from Halifax to Peggy's Cove and fortunately the sun came out long enough for me to frolic on the rocks and take some photos. It is really a beautiful spot. We had lunch at the little restaurant and decided while we munched on delicious fish that we would take the coastal road to lunenburg and stop at a couple of towns on the way. It was a beautiful drive and every town just shouts cuteness to you. I think Nova Scotia might be the most adorable place on the planet. Lunenburg itself is a Unesco World Heritage site and every house is worth stopping to look at.

We stayed in a little motel and I'm pretty sure we had the place to ourselves. Most places are just opening up for the season and there aren't too many tourists around yet. It makes it easy to find a place wherever we decide to stop, and we can stop wherever we please. Everyone thinks we're a little crazy to be making a road trip across the country when its still so freaking cold, but its not so bad. At least the snow is gone and the buds are starting to show on the trees. When the sun comes out its warm and hopefully it sticks around for a while!

Today we just drove around the countryside. We cut across the province to Annapolis Royal and took a walk around its main street. Lunch was at a bistro facing the water with sun shining in the windows and local artwork on the walls. We ended up in Truro after fighting over what route to take and barely speaking for an hour, but after settling into a motel and having supper all is well in the world again.

Tomorrow we head to Cape Breton. Whether we make it all the way there or get sidelined somewhere is another story, but that is the general plan. (What...a plan? ha)


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.303s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb