Launching and the christening of s/v WeBeSailing

Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Cape Breton
August 14th 2009
Published: August 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After arriving in Cape Breton some 56 days ago now,,, on Friday Aug 14th 2009 @ 12:00 noon local time is one of many memorable moments for us as it is the moment we launched her... what a proud and great feeling to finally see her afloat.

We could not ask for better weather, and to date, the summer has been really awesome as the local weather man Peter hasn’t been too good at predicting the forecast... All his predictions call for rain... Don't get us wrong,,, we Not complaining at all, as it has been really good for us!!.
We had been working hard to reach this moment for quite some time, and to finally get there was an emotional high for us. This is the official beginning of our new sailing adventure or better said WeBeSailing adventure.

The launch went without a hitch and we christened her “WeBeSailing” that very same evening. With bottles of Champagne, followed by dinner of fresh local lobster and great bottle of wine while dining on the aft deck with a nice ocean breeze.. and the best part of all was that me and Annie could share this moment together.

We apologise for some poor quality of video, but we had to improvise at the last moment since we couldn’t locate the transfer cables and re-recorded the video off the TV. The cable must be somewhere tucked away and we’ll find it when we no longer need it!! We will update with clearer video at a later date. We’re guessing we won’t be getting a camera operator job offer anytime soon...

Videos of : Before Launching her, Last moment on Land, Travel Lift, Launching s/v WeBeSailing, WeBeSailing's Christening

We are now one step closer to being in tropical climate once again and will be ready to have you join us in our adventure, in a really comfortable and fun atmosphere.

We did our first sea trial on Sunday morning off the coast of Petit de Grat, and it went incredibly well. We will run a few more trials and will plan our departure from Cape Breton within a week or so, once all of our check list goes green.

Our plan is to set sail along the eastern coast, crossing from Nova Scotia to Maine, and slowly continuing on to Annapolis, MD where we will
sit out the remaining part of the hurricane season (and take advantage of the Boat Show while we’re at it). Our final destination for the winter will be the British Virgin Islands, which we plan to arrive around mid-December.

We will be good to start receiving guests by the end of December, so start planning your vacations and looking at internet flight deals... Airports in the vicinity would be Beef Island in Tortola or Charlotte Amalie in St-Thomas. Another option is the fly into Puerto Rico and book a small Island hopper to Tortola (they leave several times a day and may be cheaper than Commercial flights).

If you’re interested in joining us, sent us a quick message with your preferred dates and we’ll try to help you find the best deals possible.
We have a brand new fridge that makes lots of ice, and bought a brand new blender. We’re ready for you with a “fu-fu” drink in hand once you arrive.

So until then, we bid you Cheers from aboard s/v WeBeSailing..

Annie & Eric


22nd August 2009

So W O N D E R F U L to see you in your new BIG sailboat - can't wait to visit you in a very near future - Love you both. Nycole
26th August 2009

Éric et Annie bien content de savoir que WEBESAILING est a l'eau et prêt a naviguer.... je vous retrouverais a Annapolis au mois d'octobre salut Mario C VA2MCN s/v Second Wind

Tot: 2.904s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 12; qc: 98; dbt: 0.0599s; 2; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb