2010-08-09 Canada - Cheticamp to Sydney


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Cape Breton » North Sydney
August 9th 2010
Published: August 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Woke up and had the best "full" breakfast. The french waitress was very nice and set us up with bags of ice for our cooler. With this and some cold cuts from the "Co-op" we set off in search of moose in Cape Breton National Park. We stopped at numerous lookoffs and saw some amazing ocean views. We stopped and walked around a bog where we saw "pitcher plants" and orchids beside the bogs. We detoured two times down dirt roads to see waterfalls. At the second waterfall, we watched and waited for a local girl to take the steep jump high off the rocks into the water. She chickened out in the end but soon after town boys arrived and they had fun climbing and jumping into the pool of water at the base of the waterfall. We had fun watching a puppy lab climbing the rocks but he was scared to go into the water. Halfway through the park, we pulled over and ate lunch at a beautiful lookoff of the ocean. We continued on in search of the elusive moose but alas we could not a single one. We stopped at Tartans and Treasures. Margaret was offered a job when she demonstrated knowledge of her different Morrison tartans. After finishing the Cabot Trail, we continued onwards toward Sydney. We stopped to take an early evening Puffin Tour to Bird Islands but the boats were not heading out into the water due to windy conditions. After arriving in Sydney, we checked in and then grabbed a bite to eat at Boston Pizza. Who knew Boston was famous for their pizza....


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 16; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0807s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb