Two Rivers Wildlife Park


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Cape Breton » Baddeck
September 25th 2006
Published: October 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Sept25_2006



ReindeerReindeerReindeer

These reindeer were feasting on a treat of fresh apples when we first spotted them.They seemed to really enjoy the apples and didn't pay any attention to us at all.
Today was great. We took a drive up to Marion Bridge (not too far away from Baddeck) to go to the Two Rivers Wildlife Park. We figured this was probably the only way we were going to see a moose since our trip to the bog wasn't very fruitful. It seemed like more of a farm with pastures and lots of room for the animals to roam. It is a rescue facility and the keepers rehabilitate any animals that can be and release them back to the wild. Some animals however, will spend the rest of their lives at the farm due to their inability to reaclimate to the wild. There were some terrific animals here; some that we normally would not get this close to. Like a beautiful lynx (related to a bobcat), a porcupine, white arctic foxes, black bears and more. We even got to see Millie the moose. She is a one year old moose who was born at the farm and will always live there.

The barn area was great with pigs, sheep, donkeys, llamas, chickens, a barn kitty and even huge horses in the distant pasture. Cannon really enjoyed the barn kitty as it reminded
Feeding an EmuFeeding an EmuFeeding an Emu

Cannon really enjoyed the wildlife farm and feeding the different animals like this emu.
him of Granny's kitty Sparky.




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

A very cute chinchillaA very cute chinchilla
A very cute chinchilla

Can you believe anyone would make a coat out of something like this?
OttersOtters
Otters

We have river otters like this in Florida. Although they look very cute and playful they can actually be very vicious.
Curious LlamaCurious Llama
Curious Llama

He came right up to the fence to look at us; chewing his cud the whole time.
Millie the MooseMillie the Moose
Millie the Moose

Not exactly wild but the closest we were going to get.
Barn KittyBarn Kitty
Barn Kitty

He came right down off the hay bales to greet us.
PorcupinePorcupine
Porcupine

Not quite sure what this guy was doing but he would never turn around and he began making a really loud, terrible noise. I (Sheri) thought that he might start shooting his quills at us until Cannon told me that porcupines don't really do that.


Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 81; dbt: 0.07s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb