Cape Breton Here We Come!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Cape Breton » Baddeck
September 22nd 2006
Published: September 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Sept22_2006


This morning we headed for PEI. We planned to spend the night in Charlottetown but after arriving in town and having lunch, we decided to head for Cape Breton a day early. We expected Charlottetown to be as quaint as Cavendish (we visited there a couple of years ago) but it wasn’t. We were a bit disappointed; we were expecting the beauty of other parts of PEI but it was not to be. We chose a restaurant for lunch (mediocre experience) and then headed for Cape Breton.

We saved about 160 miles of driving by catching the ferry (Northumberland Ferry Lines) from Wood Islands to Caribou, NS. We only had to invest about 1 ½ hours of our time and $55 (Canadian $s) and we were able to have a neat experience and look at beautiful scenery all at the same time. It was extremely windy and cold but we survived since we were able to roam around on deck, sit in the lounge, play video games or even sit in our car if we chose to. The cafeteria however, seemed to be the most popular spot on board.

We arrived tonight in Baddeck, Nova Scotia after taking the 2 ½ hour “scenic” tour (i.e. lost). We are very glad to be here after a long day. We’re looking forward to seeing Cape Breton as it is supposed to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. We will be spending 5 nights at the MacNeil House at the Silver Dart Lodge.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb