Last day on the Rock - Day 2


Advertisement
Published: July 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Day 2

distance travelled 210 km

Rob's Cabin -> Ferry to North Sydney, NS

After getting crushed in last night's game of drinking chutes and ladders, we were up at 7am ready to wait for our ferry to arrive.....at midnight. So we hiked along a wetland with the promise of the most wildlife on the island. We saw 2 birds and a spider-slug; damn thing was an ungodly freak of nature dangling from a tree by its think snail trail slimy uuggghh. Birds suck and wildlife is fickle, so we bailed and went for a sure thing. Mountain views! welllll as close as you can get in Newfoundland. After an hour and half of almost vertical climbing we hit the top of the "starlite trail". Beautiful! Found a small plastic bucket with a log book and an NL flag inside. Signed it "Text (Shan's number) with your dirtiest pick up line"

Afterwards we headed back to Rob's Cabin, rooted around in his storage unit and found a PADDLEBOAT! FUN. By the end of the day we were pretty tuckered out and ready to leave Newfoundland. After boarding the ferry we immediately snuck up to the locked first class area (Canadians can't help but hold the door for each other); reclined on the luxury chairs and passed out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb