The drive continues


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick
April 30th 2013
Published: April 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

I forgot to mention yesterday that we were rousted out of bed at 6 am by a fire alarm in our hotel. Some jerk pulled the alarm as a prank, but do you think anyone would come and tell all of the cold, sleepy people standing outside what was going on? No. Not impressive! Luckily we didn't have an agenda and were able to go back to sleep for a couple of hours.

We spent yesterday driving. 12 hours of driving. Pretty boring day, but at the end of it my sister's friend in Fredricton had a cozy place for us to sleep. Even late at night she made us right at home. This morning we slept in late and then went for lunch at the most random motel restaurant that was really delicious and cozy. Funny how the places that look like a dive on the outside are sometimes the best places on the inside. We spent the afternoon driving to Halifax and have set up camp for the night in another retro motel with friendly owners. I prefer these little places to chain hotels. The people are nice and the rooms have character. They seriously make me laugh sometimes. For example tonight, we have some beautiful 1970's style wood panelling and 1990's looking inspirational artwork on the walls. Its great. And the lady at the desk has a cousin who lives about 50 km from our small hometown. I love those little personal coincidences. They instantly put you on friendly terms with strangers.

Anyway, not much of interest today. Tomorrow we start our exploration of Nova Scotia!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.333s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0921s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb