Tour of New Brunswick


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick
September 13th 2021
Published: September 21st 2021
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

New Brunswick tour


The pandemic still lingers. Land borders are closed and international travels are not recommended. It's better to travel local in these conditions!

This summer, the Quebec's region of Gaspesie was flooded with tourists and all accommodations, (hotels, motels. campings), were full. This is a beautiful region, but too many people for my own taste.

I decided to visit the province of New Brunswick, doing a great loop around the province, while mainly concentrating my stays at two locations, central acadian coast and Fundy bay.

It was my first time taking vacations in September, just before fall. Weather was overall good: chilly in the morning, but comfortable in the afternoons.

First stop in Quebec, at the tourist town of Cabano, on the shores of long narrow Temiscouata's lake. Region has a micro climate warmer than its immediate surroundings, which could be seen by the tree species. Town has nice hotels, antique shops, a marina, plenty of water activities, artisanal cheese factory and beer brewery. It's also close to a nature's park for fishing and hunting.

We took time to stroll on the main street of the village, and stops at a couple of shops. In front of that street, a very beautiful city park is located, with manicured plants like many varieties of roses for instance. We took time to also visit the nearby Ingall fort, an historic monument of the 19th century describing the short borders wars of 1839-1842 between British Canada and the USA.



Next day, time to enter New Brunswick. We passed Edmunston, and then Grand Falls. In center of town, you can see big dam and falls, on the St-John river, the longest river in the province.



We then headed East in the woods on road 108. This is a wild place, with no gas station for 137 km. Only activity here is logging and some rock/sand quarries. We stopped somewhere in the middle, on a small road, to take a lunch. Very peaceful!! Next blog, we reach the East Coast and national park Kouchibouguac.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



30th October 2021
fort-ingall

Love these travel-in-your-own-backyard-blogs
There's been quite a few of these travel-in-your-own-backyard-blogs popping up in the last 18 months and I love them. I've been writing a few myself and I hope people enjoy them too. You and me, we are luck living in countries where we can do extensive travels and still not run out of places to visit. When I saw the map of your route I immediately thought of a place I want to visit - L'Anse aux Meadows. Google Maps says it's 27 hours drive away from Fort Ingall. It's not exactly next-door. IT only looks like it on the map. /Ake
31st October 2021
fort-ingall

many places to visit
Hi, yes so many places to visit on this planet.! The pandemic gave us opportunity to discover or rediscover gems not too far from home.

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb