Visiting Friends in Fredericton, NB


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick » Fredericton
June 28th 2011
Published: July 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Monday, June 27th Miramichi to Fredericton

The drive to Frederiction was pretty short (about 2 hours). We arrived early afternoon. Claude went to University in Frederiction and lived here with his first job out of University. His best friend from school still lived here, so visiting Neville and his family was the main reason for the stop. Today was our hottest day so far, so after lunch the Peasleys’ took us to Neville’s parents’ pool. That was a great way to cool down on a hot day. We stayed at Neville and Crystal’s place and the boys were excited to sleep on the floor of their new found friends’ rooms. They have a girl 1 year younger than Paul and a boy 2 years older.

Tuesday, June 28th Frederiction

We had originally planned to tour around Fredericton today, but the kids were having so much fun together we decided to just stay put. We all went for a bike ride in the morning. It was another very hot day so we went back to the pool for the afternoon. Their daughter, Elizabeth is quite a climber, like Marc, so she taught Marc how to climb the tree in their front yard. Needless to say, she had a new best friend after that! They also had a Wii game so Paul was very excited to be able to play after a week and a half of no Wii! Poor child! After supper their kids had soccer so we went along to watch.

It had been 10 years since Claude had seen Neville, so it was really great to get to spend time with them. It was especially good that the kids all got along so well. Hopefully it won’t be as long before the next visit.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb