Last full day in Clair!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick » Edmundston
October 3rd 2012
Published: October 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

As an aside, I absolutely HATE the fact that this blog forces me to select a continent, country, region, and city and then doesn't give me the choice of Clair, NB, which is where I've been for the last 5-6 days. The best I could do was Edmundston, NB. Sigh!

We've had the extraordinary good luck to be here for the absolute best of the fall colors. We came east at this time of year in part to see this again, and we have certainly not been disappointed. We're hoping that as we move westward, we'll catch more of the peak, given that the season is probably earlier here than in Quebec and Ontario.

A bit of comic relief from all this beauty are the cluster flies that have been plaguing us at the camp for the past couple of days. They seem to be activated by the kind of warm days we've had the last three days. They collect in droves on the south facing windows and drop throughout the day, sometimes spinning (break dancing, Marielle calls it) on the floor. We sweep them up by hundreds at least twice a day and at night they serenade us to sleep as they spin on their backs on the floor beside the bed!

Monday we drove in to Clair and spent some time looking around Roberta's childhood haunts, including Baker Lake, Lac Unique, St. François.

Yesterday we drove up to Glazier Lake in the morning, where the views of the fall foliage over the water were spectacular. We ran into a visiting nurse up there, sitting in her car, doing her paperwork in front of that magnificent view. Then we headed back to the camp and just as we were sitting down to lunch, Roberta's cousin Margot dropped in for a visit. We spent much of the afternoon sitting with her on the west porch, enjoying the beautiful day.

In the early evening we discovered the water wasn't running so we had to drive up the road to get a cell signal to call Marielle and let her know. She said she would let Peter know and he would come up after aquasize, around 7-8 pm, to fix it. We weren't too surprised when he drove up earlier, having skipped the exercise class. Once he had things working again, we enjoyed a lovely evening on the south deck with a fire in their fireplace, watching the day wane, the beavers come alive in the water below, and the moon come up.

Today we came into Clair to take Peter and Marielle to lunch and catch up with email. Tonight we may be lucky enough to have another fire on the back deck! Tomorrow we leave fairly early for Edmunston, to turn in the car, then to Riviere du Loup to catch the bus to Quebec City.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



3rd October 2012

NB
Very very nice pictures, got to make my way there some time as well even though i don't like bugs much. Enjoy!!
4th October 2012

Hi,
Still with you and still enjoying (vicariously) the trip. Beautiful pics! Love, A

Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb