Cottage on the Sea in Caraquet, NB


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick » Caraquet
June 23rd 2011
Published: July 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

June 22 - 23

We left Bonaventure in the morning and basically drove through to Caraquet, New Brunswick today. It was our biggest day of driving. Caraquet is the centre for the Acadian region of New Brunswick. We had booked a cottage on the beach in Bas Caraquet, and boy did we luck out. For $125 a night it was a fabulous place to stay. We wished we could stay longer. Our beautiful little 2 bedroom cabin was very new and very nice. It faced right onto the huge playground and splash park, surround by grass, and then in front of that was the sandy beach and the ocean. We really lucked out too because we had sunshine from the evening we arrived until our last night there.

We arrived at supper time and had picked up live lobster in town so our fist business while the boys explored the playground was to get supper ready. Claude and I enjoyed a great lobster feast while the boys had fish.

We had originally planned to visit the Acadian Village on our first day, but the cabin was so great that we decided that a down day of playing at the playground was a better plan. The boys spent the morning in the splash park. It was sunny, but still not very warm. Maybe got to 20, but I’m not sure that it did. We didn’t have lunch fixings so we went to Caraquet for lunch and to play on the great double ship main playground in town. After lunch we finally got our bikes out and went for a short bike ride along the ocean path. A great view.

We contemplated staying an extra day at the cabins (we are booked for 3 nights, 2 days), but the forcast for Saturday is rain so we decided we will carry on our way. Had another night of yummy lobster boil. Boys had pizza. More playground time after supper till another late bed time. Paul met a young local boy at the playground the first night so he was excited to have him return to play again tonight.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Playing in the splash parkPlaying in the splash park
Playing in the splash park

Bas Caraquet Cottages


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb