Winnipeg - Home of Winni the Pooh


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Manitoba » Winnipeg
November 2nd 2010
Published: December 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


What to say about Winnipeg....It definitely it wasn't what we expected. It's a mix of interesting Historical landmarks, great little markets, Public Park’s, and CRAZY DRIVERS!! Please note, those who intend on driving through Winnipeg, or are planning a visit, put up your guards. The drivers are unlike anything we've ever seen. Now remember, we're been through the states, where the minimum speed limit is the maximum plus 20 or so... but Winnipeg drivers seem to enjoy almost hitting you, cutting you off, and even better, not letting you in a lane... EVER. If planning on merging, blinkers are useless, they in fact prohibit you from merging, it's better to just go and give a pleasant wave (preferably with all fingers showing, not that the opposing traffic would do that or anything...). But Winnipeg does have some nice things, there is the Winnipeg Zoo which has some interesting animals, the Leo Mol sculpture garden that has a collection of over 50 sculptures done for the city of Winnipeg by Leo Mol by himself, and of course a national historical site "The Forks" where the Red and Assiniboine rivers meet in the center of what is now the city. For hundreds of years before settlers came to Canada and even when they did, The Forks was a meeting ground for tribesmen and bands to get together at the junction to trade goods and met up to spend the winter months together in larger groups. Today it is the site for an amazing market, art studio, theatre and many other attractions. We spent a day at the forks walking around and spent some time in the market where, as luck would have it, Global news was airing a show and we got to sit in on the filming which was kind of fun. We also spent time with My Sister and her Husband and two adorable kids. We spent a great deal of time playing with them and being silly. We also spent some time with two amazing individuals, Dave and Jan, who were not only hospitable but were a great inspiration. They introduced Christian to the world of Hot Yoga, and like all good things, he is now a little addicted, but who can blame him. So all in all Winnipeg is a nice place to stay, a little cold, but it is November... ohh well, just watch out for those crazy drivers!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Playing with my Niece and NephewPlaying with my Niece and Nephew
Playing with my Niece and Nephew

Niece- Brianna Nephew-Aidan


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb